Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Upcoming Conference in Bayreuth, Germany

On February 6-7, 2015, Bayreuth University will be hosting a conference titled "Intellectual Property and the Public Domain--Results and Perspectives."  I will be on a panel with Professor Herbert Zech of the University of Basel on the topic "Intellectual Property and Economics--Can You Have One Without the Other?"  I haven't finalized my presentation yet, but I plan to talk a bit on this paper that I presented at the University of Pennsylvania a few years ago, supplemented by some thoughts on whether it is preferable to deal with FRAND/SEP issues (such as the availability of injunctive relief) primarily by means of patent law/patent remedies or competition law or something else--a topic I discuss to some extent in this paper, and have continued to discuss on this blog.  Other speakers include leading European and U.S. IP scholars, and I'd be very happy to meet any of my European readers who happen to be in the area.

Here is a link to the conference agenda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment