· Brother filed the first suit against Ningbo in the Suzhou Intermediate Court in October 2010.
· The PRB invalidated Brother's patent in May 2013 and the Suzhou court subsequently dismissed the infringement suit in August 2013.
· Brother appealed the PRB decision and the Beijing No. 1 Intermediate Court found in its favor. The Beijing High Court subsequently upheld the ruling in December 15, 2014, ordering the PRB to reconsider its decision. *On October 21, 2015, the PRB finally upheld the validity of the patent.
· Brother filed the infringement suit against Ningbo in the Shanghai IP Court in July 2016, claiming damages of RMB 34 million (approximately US$ 5.35 million).
· The parties exchanged evidence in January 2017 and the trial took place in April 2017.